Wednesday, February 2, 2011

God loves: The homeless people

No doubt that you have seen them on the streets, tapping cans,
begging for money, sleeping on the sidewalks. Maybe when
you saw them, you grimaced and walked away, maybe you
ignored them, but read this and maybe you will see them as people too

A book that you might want to read is The Same Kind of Different as Me.
It's a real eye opener about poverty.  But you don't just want to read about
something like this, this is something that you want to change.

My family and I were greatly changed when we served
homeless people for the first time. It's hard to explain
unless you are actually serving someone who is homeless
but let me tell you that it will change you greatly too. Seeing
them will cut into your very being and make you want
to help.For me it is seeing kids and teenagers my age
struggling with being homeless. One time when I was serving
at a food bank I saw a girl my age who looked pregnant
and was pushing a baby in a stroller. She was all alone
and was getting food from the line. It made me so
sad that she would have to go through all that, and I was
glad that at least I could offer her some food though
I wished I could have been of more help.That girl could
have been me or you. Just think about that for a second.
What if your parents had died and you had no one
in the world to take care of you. That girl could have
easily been you. You've got to put yourself in their place.

So what do I want you to take from this?Homeless people
are people to. Don't judge them. They need to be loved,
and cared for, just like anyone.

Your challenge? First step: Check out my website at
http://www.wix.com/rayadropofgoldensun/start-serving
Second step: Use the tips from my website to help
the homeless in your community.

No comments:

Old Stuff